Friday, October 16, 2009

Zombies?

Really? Zombies?

So I am at my old high school, Corvallis High School (or the dreamy variation). Unfortunately, it's torn down now, but that was irrelevant in this dream. So yeah, that's when the Zombies attack. Now just because I was at high school, does not mean that I was high school age again. In fact, I believe I was a high school gym teacher, which isn't too far off from real life. I remember thinking: "Great, here I am stuck at high school with a bunch of broody and/or nerdy kids and a zombie invasion." So anyways, me and the 5 or so stars of my zombie high school movie run through the school and another teacher and I are locking the doors behind us. Once we are in the gym, I instruct everyone to go about finding good head lopping weapons. Mine is some sort of big freaking sickle sword thing like you might have seen in Braveheart. Okay, why again do I have ancient war weapons in my gymnasium?

So we are fighting off the zombies and doing okay, although the sinking feeling is always there that yes, they will eventually get through these locked doors and eat our brains. I see the finally working their way through and I head over to the door to greet the first one. I hold on tight to the door, like you would do when your sibling is trying to get into the room or the house and you are on the other side trying desperately to keep up the mean prank. Just then I decide to address the poor zombie kid. "Hey dude, can you stop trying to get in here?" I ask him politely. "But I really want to come in." He replied. "Okay, but I am going to have to break your neck or something so that you won't eat me." I suggest as if it's not an affront to his life. "Alright man", he says, and I let him in. I instruct him to sit down on the chair I was using to try to help me block the door, and he obliges. I start to break his neck, but it's not doing the trick. "Why aren't you dying?" I ask him. "I don't know man, but could you get right there?" Suddenly I have become his personal chiropractor or something. "Seriously dude? Okay, but stop trying to bite my hand, or you're going to turn me into a zombie too." So I finally snap his head all the way around 180 degrees and he thanks me, although it doesn't make him any less a walking talking zombie. I give up on it, and instruct him to go on back through the door.

Containment. It's days or weeks later now, I can't really tell because in the dream it was pretty seamless. We are sitting in the office now (a pretty big office for a high school now that I think about it), but yeah we are sitting in the office and someone has kindly hung up photos of all of the people lost to the zombie infestation. I am looking at the photos, one in particular, a balding man that I remember being with me in the gym before he was lost trying to hold the zombies off. I am thinking about how terrible it is to have lost a friend, when he walks off of the elevator and into the room, as if nothing had happened. I had only enough time to mentally react, thinking what the hell? When I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment